My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington, DC-ish

30+10+n years, mother of three, wife of one, enjoying a life completely unlike, and better than, the one for which she prepared herself...

Monday, September 04, 2006

Little Girl Cardiagans


These sweaters were knit in the middle of 2005; Haley's finished in March, Anna's in April. I bought the yarn for Lindsay's while I was in LA in May and bought the buttons in September or October so it was done some time in between.


Pattern: Pure and Simple Cardigans for Children

Fiber(s):

Haley's: Wool in the Woods -- Berry (97% Cotton/3% Acrylic)

Anna's: Laurel -- Judy Garland (100% mercerized Pima Cotton) aka Fruit Loop Sweater Lindsay's: Trendsetter's Scoubidu (50/50 Cotton/Poly) aka Ice Cream Cone Sweater



















I liked the ease of this pattern for a top down raglan, all in one piece sweater. Its not holding up as well as I might have liked, though; the button bands are pulled out of shape. I'm going to wash and block to see if it hangs back in original shape. At any rate, aren't they cute???

Haley has nearly outgrown hers; Anna, too. These were knit size 4 - 6, I think. I'll have to put new ones on my list. Maybe for Christmas. Maybe I'm good enough for that now, that I could get it done quickly and behind the scenes. Hmmm. Time for a trip to the yarn shop?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home