My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington, DC-ish

30+10+n years, mother of three, wife of one, enjoying a life completely unlike, and better than, the one for which she prepared herself...

Monday, September 04, 2006

Prism Coolstuff Shawl


When you have stunning yarn it only makes sense to keep your knitting as simple as your garment will allow---all eyes should be on the fiber. This Prism Coolstuff shawl is a simple stockinette rectangle edged with a ribbon yarn whose name escapes me to keep it from rolling. It is beautiful.

I had purchased this yarn as an indulgence for myself after a lot of traveling and very hard work in the fall of 2004. I think I was not even home from the yarn store before my Mom told me that Beth was in serious trouble and I should get to NY right away. I sat in her room and knit this up, not knowing whether to hope she would get better or not...

Seriously, its much prettier than it looks here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home